The first pic was from 6th grade. The ever-squirrely (no pun intended but it works!) Mike Cassidy of Myles and Michael fame is the man you see standing tallest with the light blue (non-regulation) uniform sweater on. Figures that he'd be monkeying around since that's all Myles and Mike did. You never said one name w/o the other back then, for they were the A-team of the 6th grade, the cool guys, the dynamic duo, never worried about getting in trouble as long as a snappy retort to the teach got them some admiring attention. I'm the one on the far right w/ a red vest and glasses. As you can see, the hair is no where near it's later dimension, but it was a start.

The next photo is just a sneak peek at what was to come. This would be a 7th grade photo. Notice the tie dye and "wings" emanating from my head. That was nothin' folks.

The last photo is the end all. 8th grade. In looking at the photo you might be inclined to assume that I was either running with the wrong crowd or on drugs, neither was true. In fact, I've never tried an illegal substance in my life, but the heavy metal t-shirt and hair were my way of bringing out the non-geek side and proving that I was bad, or something. It didn't work, I still got uncomfortable if a boy tried to kiss me or, heaven forbid, my friends talked about going to an unsupervised party. Once a nerd, always a nerd. That's Heather next to me, the one w/ the "half do", it was a good look as well but not nearly as towering as mine. I think that the pained stoner look on my face stems from the fact that I was worried Heather might get too close and potentially smash my right sidewall, which, as you can clearly see, would have ruined the entire look. I think I can even make out that I was shifting away from her ever so slightly....also of note are the painted red hoop earrings and though you can't see it well, my suede Wilson's leather coat with shoulder pads that looked like animal print. Roar.

I win.
7 comments:
You win! Admirable...Mike and Myles..wow, brings back memories...makes me slightly sad to know I'm a heck of a lot squirrlier than my brother now. BTW, doing well. Came for dinner on Sunday...CC loves to show off for him with bad girl behavior and he laughs so hard and seems to love being Uncle Mike.
Who's the gal in the doorway...I don't recognize her.
Great to hear about Mike, my main memories from Parish school revolve around Myles and Michael and their domination of all things cool, like back pocket combs, putting your collar up --you know.
It's my cousin Kelly, my dad's older brother's daughter.
you can not just declare yourself the victor. we don't live in china. it must, i demand, it MUST be put to a vote( ya know, like in america, where we live, ya know)
I vote NINA!!!
Post a Comment